Sunday, November 06, 2011

Webs and VBS


While on a late afternoon walk the other day, I strutted through not one but TWO cobwebs that had been spun across the road. There’s no experience like it—sticky strands across your face, in your hair and on your arms. Ugh! I immediately start walking backwards while (sort of frantically) brushing my head off and looking for the would-be spider. Thankfully, it has usually taken cover some place safe until my thrashing session is over. Gotta love summer.


Each year in November our school runs a week of VBS for the kids. Basically, it’s an intense time of fun, good food, and building their inner “man”. Once VBS is finished, the younger children are free to kick around for the summer holidays while the older children still have a few final exams to write.




Rock painting

Games

More games

And nutritious food!

Even mission staff had a bit of fun this week as they received beautiful t-shirts, emblazoned with the mission logo, from a donor in South Africa.


Serious shot.

Fun shot.
This is a strange concept in these parts since photos are generally quite formal.

But with some urging, they figured it out and we all had a good laugh.


Anyway, I better run along for now. I’m still up to my eyeballs website revamp work and as long as I’m here on Blogger, it isn’t exactly getting done.


And I've got this very cool but unusual gheko sitting on my office wall keeping a beady eye on me. It's a bit unnerving.

ttyl.

PS: Anyone with any ideas as to what kind he is?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynn,
Thank you so much for all your "stories" about Mozambique's life.
I've been following your blog with great interest for quite some time. It has taught me a lot about life in Africa. I am a physician Ob-Gyn in Texas and planning to retire and do some work in Beira, Mozambique. I would love to visit your place and help in any way I can the people in Mozambique. Once I have more definitive answers about my situation I will let you know. Our plan is to start a new life in Beira in January 2013.
At meantime, I have to say that you have done an incredible job teaching us about the life in Mozambique.
thank you so much and God bless you

Lynn said...

Hello to the above person! Your plan sounds very interesting and it would be great to meet you some day. Do keep in touch once your plans are in place.

Ruth Trekofski said...

Wow ... what an awesome cob-web picture. Loved seeing all the staff in their new logoed shirts.